What do you use for civic gifts?

Hi, do you keep a selection of civic gifts to give to visiting dignitaries etc in stock? I’m a relatively new civic manager (two years) and our legacy stock of glass paperweights and letter openers is coming to an end. I am keen to try and get something a bit more modern when we restock and keen to know what other civic offices use.

Good morning Tim, some of the items I currently have in stock for civic gifts are decanters (filled and unfilled), vases, quaichs, boxed pen/pencil set. All are engraved with the council name and logo. Glassware if from Glencairn Crystal. Hopefully you may find this useful.

Hi Tim
We have a range of Civic gifts in stock, popular ones for children are “I’ve met the Mayor badges”, mini torches, book page savers, ties, pens, crystal paperweights, postcards and books, all with the Town Crest. Hope that helps.

Julie

Suppliers - National Association of Civic Officers (naco.uk.com)

Do please take a look at our suppliers pages as some companies there will be able to assist with gifts. I’ve used a couple of these suppliers for bespoke gifts for an anniversary year we’re celebrating here in North East Lincolnshire

We have a photo book of the locality produced by a skilled local photographer. Coat of arms lapel badges, boxed Parker pens with a crest on the barrel and some line drawing scenes of picturesque local attractions printed onto a bone china beaker, which is then presented boxed - very useful for 90+ birthday visits.

1 Like

Hi Tim,

For relatively low-value gifts, we’ve recently had water bottles, power pack chargers and usb sticks - all engraved with crest. All from 4imprint. We also have “I’ve met the Mayor” badges for younger visitors.

Regards, Jane at Medway

We updated our civic gifts stock a few years back. We have coaster sets with a local bridge on, nice boxed pens, small framed photos of the same bridge, and, as the friction match was invented in our borough, a smelly candle and matches gift bag set. These are all used for VIPs. We have “I’ve met the Mayor” stickers for children and some of our old stock of paperweights with the crest on. we also have a plaque with the crest which we usually only give our to international dance troupes that attend one of the local festivals.